Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blog documenting the quasi-religious Obama phenomenon

I must confess I haven't spent as much time over here as I'd like, being quite busy with my own blog. But having just heard Dennis quip about how all the Obama talk about changing the country "Scares the living daylights out of me" and having had the same reaction myself, I think that Prager listeners would appreciate this blog, "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?"

The title question is asked in jest on the site which is an ongoing documentation of over-the-top religious imagery and references to Barack Obama and his presidential campaign in news, commentary, art and popular culture. From the strange feeling in Chris Matthews leg to Michelle Obama's "broken souls" you'll find it here, along with all manner of collectivist drivel from the usual suspects, Oprah, Gary Hart, Huffington Post, Time, etc.


My favorite portion is on the right side-bar and is entitled "Heretics & Unbelievers". It features sane analysis which demythologizes what amounts to mob hysteria, deftly revealing it as such. There is some truly good comedy writing here; all good horror movies contain large doses of humor -- let's just hope this one doesn't end with this empty suit sitting in the Oval Office. That will be truly horrific for this nation and not funny in the least bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment