Sunday, August 17, 2008

C-SPANers take a whack at the Civil Forum at Saddleback...

WWDS? I'll be curious to see what Dennis has to say this coming week about the candidates' Q&A at the civil forum at Saddleback last night. I was probably like many people who watched, and had to see what the Sunday morning pundits had to say about the Obama and McCain performances.

I think I picked the wrong show to watch. I started out watching Fox News Channel but for some odd reason I switched over to C-SPAN. What was I thinking??!!?? Any and all civility that Rick Warren was promoting by asking a question and then letting the candidates answer at will was completely spent last night so that nothing was left for the C-SPAN callers. C-SPAN allows you to rake anyone over the coals as long as you don't use foul language.

The only thing I learned from listening to today's callers was that there are a lot of people walking around out there with tin-foil on their heads so as to keep the extra-terrestrials from taking potshots at their cerebral cortexes and implanting spy-ware and nano-monitoring devices.

Okay, maybe I'm being a little too harsh, a little too critical. Maybe there really are ET's who want to know what we're thinking, and if they can decipher our thoughts, their ET supervisors will replace humanoids in all the important earthly jobs with chimpanzees and Poodles.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hazard a guess that Earth would be safer in the hands of Coco the Chimp. I don't know any famous Poodles but if any of them are related to the people who called into C-SPAN this morning, the dogs better ready for work.

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment