Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The honeymoon begins

To those who wrote me in the almost-and-then-post election of Barack Obama as President of the United States, thank you for sharing your thoughts. My thoughts, my feelings, are normally like bright and cheerful cherry Jello, but today are more like molten lava, searing and painful to the touch.

I admire those of you who are stable enough to live somewhere in the middle of Jello and molten lava. You will do the right thing by getting behind the new president and support him and I will look to you for my dose of the healing balm of logic and reason that you will bring to the Dennis Prager discussion group.

My husband, clear and steady thinker that he always is (even when he's totally wrong) was not trying to console me this morning as much as he was trying to keep me from going "Rambo" and spew anti-the-new-president invectives. He knows me well enough by now to know that I cannot hold on to anger very long, just like I can't wear too-tight jeans for any length of time; they have to come off so I can relax and breathe again.

Dennis Prager will have to come to my rescue with his plethora of feel-good platitudes, and his far-sightedness, anything to remind me that the "sun will come up tomorrow."

Come to think of it, the sun did come up today and I was here to witness it, and God-willing, everyone you know and care about was here, too.

Don't let that last Jello-ey statement fool you, though. I have merely resigned from the McCain/Palin presidential campaign to sign on as a Watch Dog for anti-conservative, anti-American, anti-capitalism, and pro-Left activities. As Obama said in his acceptance speech last night that "anything in America is possible," I have to try and believe that We the People can prevail in the long run and pass on the America that our ancestors wanted for us.

If you catch me looking backward it is only because I never want to forget the reprehensible disservice that was done to an honorable and courageous president, George W. Bush.
Happy people make the world a better place...

See you all at the next meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 9, at the Panera Bread store in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment