Thursday, January 10, 2008

A 'History of Thought..."

Please forgive me for sharing something from Hugh Hewitt's program on Dennis Prager's NEO blog site, but I just can't keep a good thing to myself.

Some of you may have already heard Hugh's six-part interview series with Hillsdale College President, Dr. Larry Arnn last week, a "history of thought." It seems to have been Dr. Arnn's choices of the world's great thinkers and from Socrates to Churchill.

I've been working at temp job for a couple of weeks, on a pretty boring although necessary project, and I turn on my I-Pod Shuffle in the morning when I arrive and leave it on all day, listening over-and-over again to the wonderful capsulettes Hugh and Dr. Arnn put together for us.

I recommend at least one run-through of the series for everyone; its' just that the soft and rhythmic sound of Dr. Arnn's stories has become like music to my ears and I have yet to tire of it. I especially love the vignette about George Washington.

When you go the Townhall.com web site to listen to the podcasts remember there are six of them, across two pages. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment